Dog Club Life is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more
Pitbulls are big softies with lots of energy and strength. Choosing the right harness for your pup can be challenging. If your dog loves to pull, you’ll want to find the best harness that’s durable, high-quality, and help stop his pulling behavior.
If you’ve already tried all the leashes and collars, it might be time to give your pup a harness. Choose from the best harnesses for Pitbulls listed here. Each one has its own pros and cons so be sure to opt for the one that you and your dog needs.
Best Pitbull Harnesses
If you’re in a hurry, here’s a summary of the best harness for Pitbulls:
- Best overall – Chai’s Choice Outdoor Adventure 3M Reflective Dog Harness
- Best value – Rabbitgoo No-Pull Dog Harness
- Most durable – Kurgo TruFit Smart Harness
- Best on a budget – Babyltrl Big Dog Vest Harness
- Best no-pull harness – Ruffwear Front-Range Harness
Kurgo TruFit Smart Harness
Made from premium nylon, the Kurgo TruFit Smart Harness is a very durable harness fit for a Pitbull. The padded interiors makes any walk comfortable for your pup. It’s also very lightweight and breathable.
Aside from being a walking harness, this harness also doubles as a dog car harness. The quick-release buckles makes it easy to put on and off. It even has as many as five adjustment points so you can get a perfect fit.
- 5 easy adjustable points
- Plastic quick-release buckles
- No-pull training clip
- Back leash ring
- Seat belt tether included
- Easy to take on and take off
- Great as a walking harness and a car harness
- Comes with hassle-free Kurgo lifetime warranty against manufacturer defects
- The buckles can take some time getting used to
Chai’s Choice Outdoor Adventure 3M Reflective Dog Harness
Instead of placing pressure on the neck, the Chai’s Choice Dog Harness places pressure on the front chest. With thorough padding, it also helps reduce strain. Its mesh lining is lightweight with a soft sponge padding in the belly and chest areas.
You can easily custom fit this harness to your dog with the push then pull straps and multiple points of adjustment. Start your walk as early or as late as you want with the nylon webbing. With its 3M reflective material, the harness can provide good visibility at night!
- Nylon webbing with 3M reflective material
- Lightweight Duraflex buckle
- Lightweight mesh lining with soft sponge padding
- Two leash attachment points
- Easy to fit
- Eliminates pressure from your dog’s neck
- Scratch-resistant Oxford material
- Supports injured or handicapped dogs
- After the front adjustment strap has been made small enough to fit the dog, it is hard to slip it back over their head
Ruffwear Front-Range Harness
The Ruffwear Front-Range Harness is the best no-pull harness for Pitbulls on our list. If you love spending time outdoors with your dog, this will be the perfect go-to harness for you. It’s durable and extremely lightweight.
With padded straps, this harness can keep your Pitbull comfortable all day long. It has four points of adjustment which ensures a perfect fit every single time.
- Reflective trimming
- 2 leash attachment points
- 4 points of adjustment
- Aluminum attachment rings are reinforced with webbing
- Padded chest and belly panels
- Tuck ID tags into the built-in pocket
- Great for pullers
- Easy on and off
- Quite bulky
Rabbitgoo No-Pull Dog Harness
The Rabbitgoo No-Pull Dog Harness is a very durable harness perfect for large dogs. Made from nylon Oxford material, this harness is quite strong and sturdy. It also features soft padding making it comfortable to wear.
For early morning and evening walks, your dog stays visible with the harness’ bright reflective strips. You can alternate between the two D-rings and even attach a dog ID, if needed.
- 2 metal leash rings
- Chest attachment clip
- 2 fast-release buckles
- With top handle for additional control
- 4 easy adjusting straps
- Made of Nylon Oxford
- Bright reflective strips
- No pull, no choke
- Great for dogs who tend to pull
- Easy to use
- Easy to clean and lightweight
- Adjustable and breathable
- Hard to adjust as the straps don’t move very easily
PetSafe Easy Walk Harness
This martingale style harness is great for Pitbulls who pull every now and then. Designed as a training harness, this harness is great for teaching your dog how to walk without any of the tension. It’s easy to take on and off once it’s properly adjusted. Best of all, it has a strong customer care service with easy options for replacement.
- Front clip chest d ring
- Snap shoulder and belly straps
- Patented martingale loop on the chest piece
- Easy on and off
- Vet and trainer recommended
- Stops light to moderate pulling without choking
- 1 year chew damage replacement
- Comfortable fit
- No padding
OneTigris Tactical Harness
For hiking and camping, the OneTigris Tactical Harness is the perfect tactical harness for your pup. You can customize the exterior for MOLLE pouches and have your dog carry important supplies whenever you guys are out on an adventure.
The wide straps are easy to adjust for the perfect fit and prevent chaffing as well as twisting. Its interiors are well padded and soft so your Pitbull stays comfy.
- 4 quick release buckles
- MOLLE and hook-and-loop system
- Top handle with firm grip
- Made from durable 1000D nylon & stylish
- X-bungee cords for holding water bottle or umbrella
- Durable and soft padded
- Easy on and off
- Hook and loop design
- 1 year warranty
- Some users reported that the front, left buckle comes loose
Babyltrl Big Dog Vest Harness
The Babyltrl Big Dog Vest Harness has a no-pull design and prevents choking whenever your dog pulls. It features adjustable straps to help you get a custom fit. You can choose to attach the leash at the ring in the front or at the back ring.
This harness is easy to put on and take off with the quick snap, secure buckles. It also has reflective strips and a breathable padding.
- Reflective straps
- Front and back sturdy D-ring leash attachment point
- Quick snap buckles
- Help stop pulling and choking
- Reflectable in the dark
- Adjustable neck and chest girth
- Easy to put on and off
- Breathable and comfy
- Plastic clips are not durable
Pitbull Collar Vs Pitbull Harness
With their thick necks and thin coats, Pitbulls are very prone to chaffing from collars. As such, collars are best recommended to be used for hanging IDs and not for leashing.
Since most Pitbulls love to pull and are quite energetic, it’s best to go with a harness. This won’t cause your dog’s neck to go bald since it wraps around your pup’s upper back and chest area.
And the best part is harnesses help control your dog better than a collar. It doesn’t choke and can put up with your dog’s pulling behavior.
Things To Consider Before Buying A Pitbull Harness
Before buying a Pitbull harness, here are a few things to consider.
To ensure that the harness isn’t too loose and fits comfortably, make sure to get the right size. Measure your dog’s chest area as this is the widest part of a Pitbull’s body. Then, add a few inches as allowance to your initial measurement. This will help your dog move freely. And in case your pup gains weight, you don’t have to worry about buying another harness anytime soon.
Choose a harness that’s made from durable material especially if your dog loves to pull. A harness made from sturdy material will last a long time and keep your dog secure.
How comfortable is the harness? Is there any padding? Take the time to read the customer reviews and see how their dogs liked the harness.