When it comes to finding the perfect collar for your large Great Dane, it can be a challenge especially if you don’t know what you’re looking for. Lucky you, you found us!
We’ve rounded up the best collars for your Great Dane.
Best Great Dane Collars
If you’re in a hurry, here’s a summary of the best collars for Great Danes:
- Best overall collar – Mighty Paw Padded Sports Dog Collar
- Most durable collar – Blueberry Pet Dog Collar
- Best leather collar – Soft Touch Leather Padded Collar
- Best smart collar – Link AKC GPS Collar
- Best on a budget – Country Brook Design Martingale Dog Collar
- Best LED collar – Illumiseen LED Dog Collar
- Best for puppies (and personalized collars) – GoTags Personalized Nylon Dog Collar
The Mighty Paw Padded Sports Dog Collar is great for everyday use. It’s made from a durable, tough, and weather-resistant material. Even when exposed to moisture, this collar won’t wear. It features neoprene padding so your dog stays comfortable.
Aside from these, it also has reflective stitching so your dog stays visible at night and early morning walks. If you hate tags, you’re going to love this collar. It has a non-metal dog tag attachment so there won’t be any jiggling sound when your dog walks around.
- Neoprene padding
- Reflective stitching
- Premium quality
- Non-metal dog tag attachment
- Durable and weather resistant
- Velcro doesn’t hold as strong and the end sticks out a bit
This collar comes in several sizes including a size perfect for Great Danes. Be sure to use the manufacturer’s sizing when ordering for an accurate fit. The Country Brook Design Martingale Dog Collar is the perfect collar if you want to train your dog as this is designed to be escape-proof. It’s made from soft nylon webbing so your dog stays comfortable.
- Nickel-plated steel hardware
- Silky soft nylon webbing
- No slip design
- No buckle
- Won’t break easily
- Escape proof
- Comfortable and adjustable
- Some users reported that the color rubs off on their dog
Worried about chaffing or rubbing? Then, the Soft Touch Leather Padded Collar is your perfect choice. Its exterior is made from a fine grain, flexible leather while its interior is made from a delicate, sheep leather. All these combined makes this collar one of the comfortable Great Dane collars in the market.
- Built in small ring for dog tags
- Two-tone color
- Made with full grain naturally tanned genuine leather
- Lifetime guarantee
- Solid brass hardware
- Inside of collar is softly padded
- Easy leash attachment
- No harsh dyes or chemicals used
- Some users reported that the metal loop in the metal collar broke off
Want a collar that you can easily personalize? The GoTags Personalized Nylon Dog Collar might just be what you’re looking for! You can choose whatever you want to put on the exterior. Say goodbye to those metal tags. You won’t be hearing any jiggling from this collar. Plus, it’s durable and comfortable to use.
- Embroider up to 25 characters
- Side-release buckle
- Non-corrosive D-ring
- Made from soft premium nylon material
- Adjustable and easy to use
- Machine washable
- The embroidery may not be placed well
The Blueberry Pet Dog Collar comes in all sorts of colors and sizes. It’s made from nylon fabric with high-density webbing making it very durable. The buckles are made from eco-friendly plastic while the collar has reflective threads.
- 3M reflective threads
- Polyester webbing
- Metal D ring
- Eco friendly black color buckles
- Nighttime visibility
- Water-resistant and sturdy
- The logo on the collar is so big
Keep your dog visible during your late night and early morning walks with a Illumiseen LED Dog Collar. At first glance, this collar looks like any regular collar, but with a USB rechargeable LED function, it can keep your dog safe in the dark. Not only does it reflect light but it also emits light.
- Easy-to-use clips
- USB rechargeable battery (cable included)
- Durable design
- User-friendly and comfortable
- Fully adjustable
- Sturdy and well-constructed
- Collar is not washable
As for a smart collar for your Great Dane, the Link AKC GPS Collar is an awesome choice. It has smart features that will help you monitor your dog’s health and activity. It uses the AT&T network for GPS monitoring and has a subscription fee.
With a companion app, this collar can give you a peace of mind if your dog is an escape artist. Plus, it’s waterproof, stylish, and comfortable!
- GPS and activity tracker
- Activity monitoring and sound training
- Adventure recording and sharing
- Temperature alerts
- Store vet records
- Light & Sound Features
- IP67 Waterproof
- Location tracking
- Daily activity monitoring
- Waterproof and fashionable
- Free collar exchange
- Amazon Alexa integration
- Short battery life compared to other smart collars
Things To Consider Before Buying A Great Dane Collar
Before buying a collar for your Great Dane, here are a few things to consider.
Great Danes are a large and powerful breed. It’s important that you choose a sturdy and durable collar. Choose collars made from nylon and leather. However, make sure that the collar is wide enough. Narrow collars can break easily.
The collar’s hardware should also be robust. It should be reinforced to hold tags or leashes. Check that the collar is also rust-resistant.
The collar’s buckles should be rated to at least 300 lbs for plastics. For metals, it should have a double tang. These are all for your dog’s security or you’ll risk having a snapped collar when your dog forcefully lunges.