Behind all the cuddles, it’s no secret that Pitbulls are a ball of energy. They’re often stubborn and aggressive that collars and harnesses are used for training them when walking on a leash.
With so many collars to choose from, it can be a challenge to find the best collars for Pitbulls. Don’t worry. Here’s a buyer’s guide on the best Pitbull collars including it’s pros and cons.
Best Collars For Pitbulls
If you’re in a hurry, here’s a summary of the best Pitbull collars:
- Best overall collar – Bully’s Dog Collars
- Most durable collar – OneTigris Military Adjustable Dog Collar
- Best leather collar – Soft Touch Leather Padded Dog Collar
A lot of collars are not designed with comfort in mind. One of the best and most comfortable collars you can get for your Pitbull are those made from leather such as the Soft Touch Leather Padded Dog Collar. This collar is padded and helps reduce any chaffing. It features several adjustment points and easy to clean.
- Built-in small ring for small tags
- Two-tone color
- Made from full-grain naturally tanned genuine leather
- Solid brass hardware that will not rust
- D-ring on top of the collar
- Comfortable and stylish
- Lifetime guarantee
- Some users reported that the collar smells
Pitbulls can be stubborn at times so it’s important that you have a sturdy collar. The Bully’s Dog Collars is specially made with Pitbulls in mind with how it was made from heavy-duty nylon. It is comfortable and easily adjustable. It has a steel buckle that allows it to move for at least 2 inches. Compared to other collars, this is lightweight and pretty wide. You can even wash it again and again.
- Made from heavy-duty nylon
- Stainless steel hardware
- Extra wide
- Lightweight and comfortable
- Won’t rust or tarnish
- Washable and adjustable
- Sizing runs big
Made from 100% genuine leather, soft padding, and good stitching, the Bestia Genuine Leather Dog Collar is a pretty thick collar featuring small metal studs. It’s very durable and can last a long time. All of the metal parts are brass plated, heavy-duty, and golden color. It has 2 strap keepers, a 2-inch buckle, and a D ring.
- Heavy 2 inch buckle
- D ring
- 2 strap keepers
- Soft lamb leather cushion
- 6 mm orthopedic foam
- Metal eyelets on every adjusting hole
- Some users reported that the gold pieces can lose color quickly
The OneTigris Military Adjustable Dog Collar is one of the best collars for Pitbulls for being one of the sturdiest. It is made from a strong nylon. This collar features a thick soft cushion padded inner lining which ensures that your dog will be comfortable and not feel any irritation.
It also has a hook and loop panel for you to add a patch. Featuring 5 adjustable points, the OneTigris Military Collar is easy to attach and comfortable to fit.
- Designed with thick nylon strap with thick soft cushion padded inner lining
- Hook & loop panel
- Heavy duty metal D ring & metal buckle with 5 adjustable points
- Easy to adjust
- It can become loose easily
Made from nylon material, the Excellent Elite Spanker collar is sure to be durable and will last a long time. It’s comfortable and adjustable. Inside the collar, you can find soft padding which prevents chafing. It’s great for Pitbulls who pull. With the double lock system and buckle, this collar won’t easily get loose.
- Made from 1000D nylon material with neat stitching and soft padded lining
- Quick release metal buckle
- Magic sticker
- Durable and heavy duty
- Easy to take on and off
- Double layer of protection
- 100% Quality Warranty
- The velcro may not stay stuck together
If you hate noisy dog tags, the GoTags Personalized Dog Collar is one of the best collars for Pitbulls. It allows you to personalize your dog’s collar and choose whatever you want to be placed on the exterior. This makes it stand out from other collars. It’s also pretty comfortable and durable to use.
- Embroider up to 25 characters
- Side-release buckle
- Non-corrosive D-ring
- Made from soft premium nylon material
- Adjustable and easy to use
- Machine washable
- The embroidery may not be placed well
The Mighty Paw Dog Collar is one of the few collars designed with functionality, durability, and comfort in mind. It’s the perfect collar if you have a dog who loves to pull. It’s made from 100% high-quality genuine leather and boasts of a stainless steel chain that can withstand daily walks and pull. However, make sure to remove this collar when your dog is unsupervised.
- Limited cinch collar
- 100% genuine leather
- Stainless-steel chain
- Recommended by dog trainers
- Provides cues and feedback to reduce pulling and enhance dog training
- Doesn’t choke
- Built to withstand all-weather conditions
- Some users reported that the large size is too big
Pitbull Collar Vs Pitbull Harness
With their thick necks and thin coats, Pitbulls are very prone to chaffing from collars. As such, collars are best recommended to be used for hanging IDs and not for leashing.
Since most Pitbulls love to pull and are quite energetic, it’s best to go with a harness. This won’t cause your dog’s neck to go bald since it wraps around your pup’s upper back and chest area.
And the best part is harnesses help control your dog better than a collar. It doesn’t choke and can put up with your dog’s pulling behavior.
Related Post: 7 Best Harnesses For Pitbulls: Buyer’s Guide
Things To Consider Before Buying A Pitbull Collar
Before buying a Pitbull collar, here are a few things to consider.
The first thing to check when buying a collar is its material. The best ones are nylon and leathers. Read the reviews. How sturdy and durable is the collar’s material?
Check the size of the collar if it can fit your dog’s neck. Get an adjustable collar with multiple eyelets so your Pitbull can still use the collar when he gains weight or grows bigger.
Double stitching is the way to go. It’s more reliable compared to single stitching. The eyelets, D rings and bands need to be strong and secure.
Don’t buy a collar that’s less than 1″. A thin collar can cut or pinch your dog’s neck. With a wider collar, the weight is distributed evenly and is more comfortable.