Looking for the best Beagle harness? We’ve got you covered!
Compared to collars, harnesses are more convenient and better for your dog’s health. However, it’s important to choose the right harness for your Beagle for the best walking experience.
In this article, we’ve rounded up the best dog harnesses for Beagles!
Best Dog Harnesses For Beagles
If you’re in a hurry, here’s a summary of the best Beagle harness for your pup:
- Best overall harness – Rabbitgoo No Pull Dog Harness
- Most durable – Chai’s Choice 3M Reflective Dog Harness
- Best on a budget – Sporn Dog Harness
- Best value – PetSafe Easy Walk Dog Harness
- Best car harness – Kurgo Tru-Fit Smart Harness
Chai’s Choice 3M Reflective Dog Harness boasts of versatility and comfort especially if your Beagle loves to pull. With the padded chest and belly areas, this harness takes the pressure off your pup’s back and neck. It’s made from a soft Nylon fabric that’s secure and breathable. For evening and early morning walks, the reflective 3M material will keep your dog visible.
- Nylon webbing with 3M reflective material
- Lightweight Duraflex buckle
- Lightweight mesh lining with soft sponge padding
- Two leash attachment points
- Easy to fit
- Eliminates pressure from your dog’s neck
- Scratch-resistant Oxford material
- Supports injured or handicapped dogs
- After the front adjustment strap has been made small enough to fit the dog, it is hard to slip it back over their head
The Kurgo Tru-Fit Smart Harness can both be used as a walking harness and a car harness. In fact, it’s one of the best dog car harnesses in the market. It’s crash tested and has an all-steel Nesting Buckle System in place. The padded interiors makes it comfortable while the quick-release buckles ensures it’s easy to put on and off.
- 5 easy adjustable points
- Plastic quick-release buckles
- No-pull training clip
- Back leash ring
- Seat belt tether included
- Easy to take on and take off
- Great as a walking harness and a car harness
- Lifetime warranty
- Needs a swivel for dogs who like to walk in several circles before lying down so the tether strap doesn’t get twisted
Featuring a padded chest and back with heavy-duty, and reflective straps, the Blueberry Pet 3M Reflective Multi-Colored Dog Harness can keep your dog comfortable and visible during your walks. It has a sizeable rear D-ring for leash attachment. It’s also designed to ensure that pressure is distributed evenly so your dog won’t choke when pulling.
- Reflective stripes and triangle on top
- Made of lightweight mesh, polyester and oxford materials
- Durable metal D-ring
- 2 separate vests
- 4 adjustable straps
- Lightweight and comfortable
- Secure leash attachment
- Sophisticated yet chic pattern
- A bit heavy for small dogs
If your dog is a professional escape artist, you might want to consider getting the EzyDog Chest Plate Dog Harness. It features a double rear-buckle that attaches two heavy-duty straps to the chest piece. This ensures the harness is a secure fit and prevents your dog from slipping or backing out.
- Ergonomic EVA foam chest plate
- Heavy-duty EzyDog quick-clip buckles
- High-visibility reflective stitching
- Rustproof stainless steel welded D-ring leash attachment
- Award-winning innovative and comfortable cross-fit design
- Easy on and off
- Nighttime visibility
- May run small for oddly shaped dogs
Easy to put on and take off, the PetSafe Easy Walk harness is easy to adjust. It has a front O-ring that’ll discourage any pulling. This harness has multiple adjustment points so you can easily get a perfect fit. It has a smart safety design and won’t put any weight on your dog’s neck. It’s a great no-pull harness that can prevent choking or straining.
- Front clip chest d ring
- Snap shoulder and belly straps
- Patented martingale loop on the chest piece
- Easy on and off
- Vet and trainer recommended
- Stops light to moderate pulling without choking
- 1 year chew damage replacement
- Comfortable fit
- No padding
If your Beagle is athletic and sporty, the Sporn Dog Harness is a great choice. It has a super-flexible nylon and soft elasticized mesh that ensures your dog is comfortable during training and walking. Not to mention it has padded restraint sleeves and ultra-soft material for extra comfort.
- Made of nylon mesh with nickel plated hardware
- Elastic webbing
- Weather proof material and durable hardware
- Easy to put on
- No pull and no choke design
- Some users have reported that the straps do a little twisting within their tubes and the operation of the slider gets a bit bound up at times
Another great Beagle harness is the Rabbitgoo No Pull Dog Harness. It’s stylish, well-made, and constructed from high-quality materials. Made from breathable nylon and mesh lining with soft padding, this harness can keep your dog comfortable all throughout your daily walks.
- 2 metal leash rings
- Chest attachment clip
- 2 fast-release buckles
- With top handle for additional control
- 4 easy adjusting straps
- Made of Nylon Oxford
- Bright reflective strips
- No pull, no choke
- Great for dogs who tend to pull
- Easy to use
- Easy to clean and lightweight
- Hard to adjust as the straps don’t move very easily
Things To Consider Before Buying A Harness For Your Beagle
Before buying a Beagle harness, here are a few things to consider.
- Size – Buy a harness that will be a secure fit for your dog. It shouldn’t constrict his movements. Go for harnesses that have multiple adjustment points or adjustable straps so you can easily adjust the harness to fit your dog especially if your dog is still growing.
- Material – Soft but durable materials are the way to go. Choose a harness made from high-quality materials. Don’t buy a harness just because it’s cheap. Make sure that the material can withstand the strength of your dog when he pulls and lunges.
- Comfort – Make sure that your dog is comfy with the right harness. Look for a harness that has soft padding especially around the chest area.
- Visibility – Consider getting reflective harnesses if you often walk your dog out at night or early mornings.
How To Choose The Appropriate Size For Your Beagle
Sizing is very important when buying a harness for your dog. You wouldn’t want to buy a harness that’s too small for your dog or you risk chaffing. Harnesses, on the other hand, that are too big are easy to escape from. You wouldn’t want your dog getting uncomfortable or escaping during your walks.
To choose the appropriate size for your dog, take several measurements. Measure your dog’s girth, neck, and body length then check the manufacturer’s sizing guide.